My family recently had bacon brussels sprouts as a side at one of our favorite restaurants. If you haven´t been to Turner´s Seafood in Salem, it is worth going. Do make a reservation though. The bacon brussels sprouts at Turner´s Seafood among nearly anything they serve there were so good that I had to try and replicate them at home. My son even enjoyed them and insisted we get cooking.
Oven Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts:
- Fry five pieces of bacon on the stove top (we used 365 Whole Foods nitrate free bacon)
- Cut the bacon into pieces
- Wash and slice in half four cups of brussels sprouts (we used organic brussels sprouts from Trader Joe´s)
- Mix the brussels sprouts and bacon with some bacon drippings and olive oil
- Season with fresh garlic, salt, and pepper
- Bake on 425 for 40 minutes, stirring at the 20 minute mark (bake longer or at a higher temperature for darker brussles sprouts)
While our brussels sprouts were not as delicious as Turner´s Seafood, they were still quite tasty. We will be making the recipe again.